SE21 Digital Skills
SE21 Digital Skills
This course is unique to DHSZ and combines in an academically rigorous manner the strands of computing, ICT and digital skills. It is designed to prepare students to fully participate in the online, interconnected world of tomorrow as well as give a solid grounding for those students who want to pursue computing science.
It is a skill-based curriculum which is engaging, accessible and inspiring. It will introduce computational, algorithmic and design thinking. Other skills in which students will become proficient will be research, communication, entrepreneurial and ethical decision making.
This curriculum demands a high level of problem solving and ability to understand apply abstract concepts.
Course Aims and Content
Course Assessment • At the end of each module, students are required to work on a project based on the design cycle, where students will solve a problem based on the given scenarios • Students are required to produce a written report, presentation and a project to pitch their ideas • All projects will be assessed based on a rubric and the grades will be awarded from A*E
- To actively engage students through design-based projects
- To improve student learning through hands-on project-based experience that complements STEM philosophy
- To broaden STEM concepts through innovative designs
- To introduce career paths and entrepreneurial approaches
- To raise their technological literacy through practical skills
The theory component consists of:
- Data representation
- Communication and internet technologies
- Hardware and software
- At the end of each module, students are required to work on a project based on the design cycle, where students will solve a problem based on the given scenarios
- Students are required to produce a written report, presentation and a project to pitch their ideas
- All projects will be assessed based on a rubric and the grades will be awarded from A*E
The Dulwich Advantage
This course has been created by highly experienced STEAM teachers to reflect the needs of current scenarios and to keep students abreast with latest trends and technology. Our programme is a skill based course and will incorporate skills of technology with science, engineering, mathematics and art concepts. It will provide a strong foundation for STEAM related courses at the university level and AS courses.