Our Philosophy is embedded and communicated via our Values, Promises and Aims for students, staff and parents.
Our School Values
In addition to Dulwich College International's vision and purpose, the Dulwich International High School Suzhou values that distinguish our community, drive everything we do and that we seek to instill in our students are:
Members of the DHSZ community will act in a way that shows they have taken into consideration, and have due regard for, other members of the community and their environment
Members of the DHSZ community will demonstrate a conscientious approach to work and a caring attitude towards others whilst understanding that they need to be accountable for their actions
Members of the DHSZ community will act with honesty and fairness and remain true to their moral principles and the DHSZ values
Members of the DHSZ community, whilst taking pride in their own heritage, will seek to understand and respect other cultures and belief systems and realise that accepting diversity makes the world a better place
Members of the DHSZ community will develop self-assurance and learn to have faith in their own abilities whilst also understanding that they can learn from others
Members of the DHSZ community will learn to be imaginative and innovative and seek to find unique solutions to a range of problems. They will look beyond traditional rules and ideas and apply their knowledge to new situations
Members of the DHSZ community will develop the skills of working together cooperatively to produce an outcome. They will understand that collaboration helps develop insights, ideas and solutions more effectively than working independently
Members of the DHSZ community will show a caring attitude towards others and demonstrate the ability to understand and share the feelings of others
Members of the DHSZ community will set themselves high expectations and strive to achieve the best possible outcome in all that we do
Our Eight Objectives:
1. Our students achieve outstanding results at both IGCSE and Advanced Level (A-Level) Cambridge University Examinations (CIE). IGCSE and A-Levels are internationally recognised for their high academic standard and are welcomed by colleges and universities in both the USA and the UK, as well as by most countries around the world.
2. Our teachers are well qualified and very experienced teachers of IGCSE who expertly guide and support our students’ learning. We have many foreign teachers who have considerable experience teaching Chinese students and some of them are bilingual.
3. Our curriculum is broad and balanced and allows students to take a wider range of subjects so they have more options in their A-Level choices. The Cambridge International Examination (CIE) Boards has over 25 years of experience in setting and administering IGCSE and A Level courses.
4. Our students become fluent and confident users of English. Research shows conclusively that the level of a student’s English competence correlates strongly with their level of examination success so we place a great deal of emphasis on developing our students’ fluency and competence at using English. We provide excellent preparation, as an integral part of all our English courses, for SAT, TOEFL and IELTS tests.
5. Our students become successful and confident communicators and skillful presenters. We provide many opportunities for our students to develop their speaking skills and to speak in public.
6. Our co-curricular programme offers our students a rich and varied range of activities to develop their interests and skills outside the classroom. The best universities require students to be well rounded and to have much more to offer than just academic success.
7. Our students have many opportunities to meet and make links with a wide range of international students because we are part of a larger group of schools. Our students can participate in a variety of events and activities with students from other Dulwich schools, including Dulwich College, our founding school in London.
8. Our students not only get accepted by the best international universities around the world, they also have the academic preparedness, the life skills and the confidence to succeed very well when they get there. We have exceptional college and university counselling services to support.